Saturday, February 23, 2008

Amanda's Book Nook: Volume 9: Book Review on Parenting The Long Journey by Joe Rich

Volume 9: Book Review on Parenting The Long Journey by Joe Rich

My Mom bought me this book right after she saw Joe Rich on City Line, her favourite show! She thought that Joe Rich had some good advice for parents and that I would enjoy reading his book. She certainly was right!

Joe Rich takes you on a journey throughout parenthood to show you what happens when take his advice and when you don't. He makes you think about your philosophy on parenting and where you would like to see yourself as a parent, where you see your children and where you see your family down the road.

Ironically, what I liked best about this book is also what frustrated me as I read! I liked the fact that his philosophy when writing this book was to help parents with LONG TERM parenting, not just the "here and now" problems that parents often face. The difficult part for me was that I was craving more specific
examples.

Having said that, regardless of the fact that I found there to be a lack of specific examples, I found this book to be an excellent read. It helped me to think about my long term goals for me as a parent and for my family.

No comments: